Saturday, August 31, 2013

Prologue, Part II

Well, it's finally all about to happen.

Tomorrow morning, I'll be driving out of Appleton and heading off to start my road trip Quest of Heroic and Awesome Proportions!

I decided to take the first couple of days to drive through some cities I've visited quite recently, to get this trip going smoothly before I ramp up into "I have no idea where I am! This is so exciting!" territory. So tomorrow, I'll be driving through Madison, WI and ending up in Rockford, IL.

Taste of Madison is going on today and tomorrow, which is super exciting because I'll be in Madison around lunchtime Sunday.

Then I'll continue on my merry way down to Rockford, stopping in Janesville, WI because although I've been reliably informed there's not much of interest there, I am foolhardy and stubborn, and want to test this theory for myself.

And that's tomorrow! I'll be staying with some good friends in Rockford, and leaving thence Monday for the next day of travel. Currently that plan is Rockford to Chicago, poke around there for a few hours, and then Chicago to Milwaukee and see if I can find a Labor Day picnic or three.

Updates will happen as they happen; I'm going to try and do an every-day "This is where I started, and where I ended up" post, as well as a more detailed post every couple of days describing all the cool stuff I saw or did.

Happy Labor Day Weekend, everyone! Go enjoy your time off from work!

(See, it's funny, because I don't have a job . . .)

From Appleton, WI . . .
Julia





No comments:

Post a Comment