Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chapter 5: Lansing, Fort Wayne, Brunswick

Last Friday

I was hoping to leave Lansing around 11, but then I actually slept instead. Oops.

So by the time I made it to Fort Wayne, it was nearly time for Adrius to go to work. Sad Julia  :(  

But Kam was there! And that made it all okay :)

She drove me to this awesome little place in Fort Wayne that has super cheap super tasty foods (you pick out a rice, a bean, and a meat, and they put it on a plate for you and charge like $5) so I had nommy chicken and fall-off-the-bone pork with yellow rice and beans. Then she showed me around town – Fort Wayne has some really lovely parks! Also bridges. Many many bridges. 


After lunch I sadly had to get going, but it was great hanging out with Kam and Adrius (for the 15 minutes he was there) since I only see them about once or twice a year otherwise.

They live in a really pretty part of the country, where every other field is soybeans and corn, and it was gorgeous out so I took some pictures. 





I made it to Cleveland around 7, just in time to have dinner with Ian and Mel. They took me to this place, which I swear lowered my life expectancy by a year (just from the sheer deep-fried air, not to mention the food). It was amazing. 

Then we walked around Mel's place and went to a couple of bars, and then we took ourselves back to her apartment where Ian and I jammed for a bit. I crashed on Mel's futon (super comfy) and in the morning Ian went and got "fancy bread" for breakfast. It was basically focaccia with chunks of mozzarella, tomatoes, and noms all over it. 

And that was Friday!

About to leave Burlington, VT . . . 
Julia




No comments:

Post a Comment